Our third season is the season of SERVICE. This season takes place during the Winter Sports season. Generally, this season starts in mid November and ends towards the end of February. The purpose of this season is to:
- To reach out and IMPACT lives.
- To SERVE our campus and our community.
- To step out of our COMFORT-ZONES.
- To consider the NEEDS OF OTHERS before our own.
- To see life from a DIFFERENT perspective.
- To learn the importance of GIVING BACK.
- To VALUE and APPRECIATE others.
The key phrase that ASB students will need to understand during this season is the idea that: “Moving from impression to impact.”
During this season the major activities that take place include:
- Canned Food Drive / TW Families
- No Shave November
- ASB Babysitting Night for TW Staff
- Operation Warmth
- Feed the Need
- Toy Drive / Angel Tree
- WOW Week (Week of Winter)
- Feeder School Presentations
- Incoming 8th Grade Parent and Student Orientation
- Special Staff Days (Starbuck, Panera Bread, Goodies Cookies, Panda, etc…)
- Subs for Subs
- Souled Out for Kids / Walk-A-Thon
- Project W.I.S.H.
- 4 x 4 Service Projects
- Dream Center Outreach in LA
- Farm Show Helpers
- DUDE BE NICE Week
- Valley Children Hospital visit
Throughout the duration of this season the core leadership development lessons that are taught include:
- Service (Levels of Service. WOW moments. Work Ethic.)
- Sacrifice (Greater than self-cause MLK)
- Exceeding Expectations (2nd Mile Have to vs. Get to)
- Dedication (First one there, last to leave)
- Empathy (Seeing life through the eyes of others. Indian Stick)
- Humility (Gatorade Principle)