Start with a plan. Be spirited during the process. Serve an extraordinary product. Shine the spot-light on people.
When we as Activities Directors and student leaders do the things mentioned above we ultimately create “stories” for others that will last a lifetime.
Below are the four steps my leaders and I take when we have an idea to create “stories” on our campus or community:
- What is your idea?
- What do you hope to accomplish?
- What do you want to do?
- What story are you trying to create?
- List all the steps you need to take in order to accomplish your plan? (Before, during and after)
- List all the supplies you need to make your idea happen?
- List all the people you need to make it work? Jobs? Tasks? Teams?
- List all the ways you plan on promoting this idea? (Flyers, Posters, Social Media, Videos, Dress Up, Etc…)
- List how much money you will need to make this idea become a reality? Do you need to do a special fund-raiser?
- When will the activity / event take place? (Date/Time)
- Where will the activity / event take place? (Location)
- What will the activity / event be called? (Name it)
- How will people’s life be impacted by this activity / event?
- What “stories” will be made through this activity / event?